Bloodline by Richelle Mead

Hello again everyone! Just finished reading Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. It was certainly better than the vampire academy series in my opinion, but let me make this very clear, I did not finish that series so this one is a bit confusing. But still, I really like the storyline and characters in the book.
You meet Sydney Sage, who apparently played a minor role in the Vampire Academy series, who is sent on a mission to redeem herself after assisting vampires despite the fact that she is an Alchemist. Needless to say, they are supposed to hate vampires.
There she meets Jill, Lissa's sister from the original book series. She has gone into hiding after an attempt at her life at a council meeting.
Her job is to make sure that Jill isn't discovered as a vampire. She runs into some trouble though with Adrian, another character from the original series, someone who she instantly does not get along with.
The story follows her journey along with Jill and Adrian. 

Now, in my opinion, I think there is an undeniable attraction between Adrian and Sydney, though it isn't really all that apparent until the end. But the development of the characters, and the characters themselves are loveable.
I certainly mean to continue on with this series, the next book being Golden Lily. I hope there are some more Adrian and Sydney moments in the next book :)

P.S: I have been having trouble finding good books to read lately, so if you have any good Teen Fantasy type books like the ones I've already read I would love to hear from you :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips