The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted for a while, I have been busy finding new series to read and catching up on school work. But now I am back in the swing of things with a whole new line up of books to read.
The one you may see in the picture above is What really happened in Peru? by Cassandra Clare author of the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices trilogies. I loved all her book from City of Bones all the way up to The Clockwork Princess, but out of all the amazing characters she created Magnus Bane, the high Warlock of the world, was by far my favorite. His charming atmosphere drew me in right away.
So when I heard she was writing a series of short stories all based around him I dropped everything I was working on and worked my hardest to getting a copy. It turns out it is only available in an ereader, so lucky me that my mom bought be one a while ago and set up an account for me.
I got the book as quickly as I could and spent no time at all reading it.
Now for those of you who have read the Mortal Instruments series, you know that many times Magnus mentions the fact that he was banned from returning from Peru, but would not go into detail about what happened. This book was written to explain his stories and experiences while adventuring in Peru and what lead up to his banning.
It was always funny to witness his relationships besides Alec in the Mortal Instruments with both men and women and seeing the outcome of his drinking problem (and let me tell you now that mixing intense magic and alcohol doesn't end well).
If you haven't read the Mortal Instruments, or the Infernal Devices, all of which are related in one way, I would recommend reading them right away. And for those of you who have read the series and loved Magnus as much as I do, I would push this series of short stories at you in a heartbeat.
They are short yes, but they come out in short time of one another. The second one just came out titled the Runaway Queen about the Royal family and the French Revolution and Magnus's role in it all.

5 out of 5 stars for sure for all the drunk Magnus moments. Until next time I hope you all enjoyed :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips