Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Good morning everyone I'm back with another Harry Potter review. This one, being the third book, is my favourite of the series so far I would say. Out of all of the movies I liked this one the most so I knew that there was a good chance of me enjoying this book as well. The more I read these books the more I notice the difference between them and the movies. 
But let me tell you a bit about it.

So Harry is back at his aunt and uncle's for the summer, much to his regret. As always things aren't going so great and he ends up leaving before the end of summer after using magic in front of the humans.
On his way about town he is picked up by a bus and is soon taken back to the school where he finds out he isn't in trouble for using magic. With Ron and Hermione by his side he sets off for another great year with his friends, hopefully with less danger than before.
Unfortunately, things are possibly even more dangerous as Harry finds out when Sirius Black, the man who was closest to his parents, breaks out of the most well known prison in the magic world. With the possibility that he might go after Harry, after killing his parents, the school is under strict supervision by the Dementors, the most horrible guards from Azkaban.
After being attacked by a guard on the train Harry learns to keep as far away from the Dementors as possible. And with the help of Professor Lupin, the new teacher for defence against the dark arts, Harry is learning to fight off the tormenting guards using a strong magic.
With the threat of Black coming for Harry and the guards Harry isn't having so much fun at school. After receiving a map from Ron's older brothers Harry is able to see who is around the school at all times to keep himself safe.
But when he sees the name of someone who is supposed to be dead Harry is confused that maybe things aren't all that they seem. 
What Harry doesn't know is that things are never as they seem in his life. People who should be dead are not, those who died gave their secret to the wrong person. Now Harry is caught in the crossfires of the past and the future with more problems than just Voldemort.

I liked the way this story flowed, more so than the previous books in this series. The characters, and the addition of Black, made the book a little more interesting. After the ending I know that the next couple of books are going to get a lot better. Of course I have seen the movies so I have a general idea of what to expect.
But now, after all this time, I am really looking forward to finding out how the book is going to take different directions from the movies.
I would give this book a 3 out of 5 star rating, maybe even a 3.5.
Have a great day and happy reading everyone!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

The World Below by Mike Phillips

Happy Halloween!