Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Tucholke

Hey everyone, just finished reading Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. Preordered this book only for it to come in the next day, had to laugh at that, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. I've been trying to read new books, or at lease start new series lately, because to be honest the series I have been reading are getting too long, suck now, or aren't coming out until 2014. Bleh.
So any way, this was an interesting read, because the characters were different, and the plots were all very unexpected.

We meet Violet, who for the longest time I swore was named Anna, no clue why. But anyway! We meet her and her brother Luke, who live in a very large house that once belonged to their grandmother Freddie, because their parents were across seas painting, or something. Freddie died a long time ago, and the twins are running out of money.
So Violet puts the guest cabin up for rent, and River West, a mysterious boy from out of town rents the guest room.
But as soon as he moves in strange things start to happen. People in town are seeing things they shouldn't and River doesn't seem to be all he seems. When her brother starts to go crazy she starts to question River, who somehow managed to get her to sleep beside him, not with him, even though she hasn't known him for a week. 
Follow her on her path to find the truth, and free herself from his spell. But he isn't the biggest threat to the town. Someone else is killing people off in sinister ways, and it may or may not be him losing control. 
Read to find out more!!!

Sorry, that is all I can offer you on the book because I read it over a course of three weeks. I have been busy with work and stuff, so I thought I would give you what I could on the subject.
In the end I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars. It is a new book, and I would recommend giving it a try.
The writing was really nice, and the characters were well developed. The only thing I didn't like about the book was the sudden changes. It would be totally normal one minute and the next they would be throwing you into something you didn't even think the book would be about. It was okay, but too sudden for my liking.
Check it out if you get the chance. Have a great day!

Also, to read the rest of my blog and the other many books I have written reviews about check out the link and drop me a line. I would LOVE to hear your opinions and maybe suggest a few other books. 
No one has commented on any of my posts yet, so it would mean a lot.
Here is the link to the rest of my site -----------------------> http://ksteenbookreview.blogspot.ca/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips