Kitty Hawk: The Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost

Hey everyone! So as you might remember a couple of weeks ago I read Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold. The author was kind enough to send me a few more books in the series (yay!) which I was very much looking forward to reading. I find Kitty to be almost like a modern day, Canadian, Nancy Drew. 
Once again the dedication page, "dedicated to those who love Taylor Swift music as much as I do," made me laugh quite a bit. The author really does have a great sense of humour. As you all know that makes a book that much better to read. 
While I normally don't do second books in my reviews to keep from ruining the first book for people I am making an exception here because it could be read as a standalone if needed. The characters are all new (save for a few letters to a character from the first book) and Kitty herself is not hard to pick up on.
So let me tell you a bit about what this book is about.

Kitty Hawk is setting off from her hometown in Western Canada on a trip around the world in her trusty rusty plane. She is going to try to fly around the world just like another famous flying woman from the past, if you know who I mean (wink wink).
She goes all across Canada and then takes a small detour to go down to Florida for a quick vacation with her parents and then one week on her own. Once she gets to on her own she thinks she is going to have a relaxing vacation. Boy is she sort of wrong.
With the ghost of a famous author haunting her mind she soon stumbles across some strange actions of a group working off the old Fort she is staying at.
Since she can't just walk away she decides to look into it further. But, being Kitty, nothing is as easy as it looks. 
Not knowing who she can trust she keeps quiet about what she finds choosing to observe until she has enough proof to call the coast guard. With a ghost haunting her mind and wrong doing in reality Kitty is going to have to think on her feet so that she can continue on her flight around the world.

I am really thankful that the author was kind enough to send me these books and I intend to write a review for the next one in the series as well. I enjoy the sense of humour the author has that is present in his work. I am also eager to see how Kitty's journey around the world is going to go with all her crazy experience. 
I would rate this book at a 4 out of 5 star rating. If you like Nancy Drew books you will certainly enjoy these. Check them out on Amazon.com if you want to read them.
Have a great week everyone and I will see you soon!
- K 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips