Where's Waldo? by Martin Handford

Alright everyone, this week I thought I would do something a little more fun than normal. When I was a kid, this book was my life. My dad would buy me one every year for my Birthday and we would sit up at night at do it together. But one of the pages in the last book we bought was ripped and we couldn't find him no matter how hard we tried. To this day I haven't been able to find that red and white striped loser.
So some of you might be asking, what is this book about? As popular as it was when I was a child, not everyone understands the book. So let me tell you!

Where's Waldo is a puzzle book designed to keep readers on their toes. As suggested by the title and cover of the book, you will be tasked with locating Waldo (The man where a red and white striped shirt and hat) in a large page filled with other people. It starts out pretty easy but gets harder as it goes along.
In some of the scenes you are asked to find a certain kind of Waldo. In the last one I tried to complete every person on the page was Waldo, but you had to find the one missing a shoe. Still haven't found him though...
The book is all illustrations with a few bits of writing to instruct you what to do. Some people circle Waldo once they find him, and others leave it until next time so that they can play again when they feel like it.
When it first came out it was thought to be for children, although many adults find it just as challenging. 
If you are looking for a fun way to waste an hour or so this is definitely the book for you! Puzzles are just so much fun, and you get to read this one!

I love this book. The reason I am doing a review on it today is simply because I feel that more teenagers, children, and adults could benefit from playing with this book. Reading is fun and good for your brain, but sometimes we need to take a step back and let our brain relax with a little childish fun. Some people don't understand that.
So next time you are out and about try this book out. Pick it up at a store and look at it for a moment. If you can't find Waldo within the first minute, you should buy the book. If you can then well lucky you.
I give the book a 4 out of 5 star rating for my childhood.
Have a nice week everyone and stay warm!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips