Wednesday Update

Happy Wednesday everyone! If you are in the northern hemisphere I hope you are keeping warm... Reading has seemed to slow down a little even though I am on a vacation of sorts. I have taken up a new hobby: Knitting! 
But despite that I am still reading little bits at a time. 
Lately I find with the winter I am feeling a little tired all the time, and reading is taking backseat to sleeping no matter what time of day it is. I know that this may not be the case in different countries, maybe where the sun shines more often, but here in Canada we are lucky to see the sun a couple times a week. 

So because I care about your health let me give you all a few pieces of advice.
1. Although it is cold, going outside is important at least once a week. This means that you have to go out and do something. This doesn't count walking out to your car or running through a parking lot. Shovel the drive way or something, just get outside and get a little sun if you can.
2. Take vitamin D. This is a way to make up the extra sun you are losing while stuck inside. Make sure you take it with food so that your body has a better chance of absorbing it all.
3. Make sure you are getting enough sleep every night. Despite all of this you will still be more tired than you normally are. Aim to get at least 8 hours a day so then at least you can tell yourself you have no reason to be yawning the whole day.

Try these three pieces of advice and hopefully this will help you stay awake until the warmer weather comes back. While this may not be the best time to get a lot of reading done, or maybe it is depending on how you look at it, try to read as much as possible and get a lot of sleep. 
I care about getting the reading done but I also care about your health. 
So that is all I have for this Wednesday. I will see you all on Monday!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips