Bookshelves!

Good morning everyone I hope you are all having a nice day. This week I thought I would mention the concept of bookshelves. Why? Well, since I am moving soon I have been trying to figure out what to do with all of my books. Those of you who read a lot might have had the same sort of feeling at some point as well.
Bookshelves are a great invention because they not only hold the mass amounts of books we read but they can also be used as storage. Some of us don't use shelves and use different methods to store our books, while others may choose to be creative and make a bookshelf out of things around the house.
There are many different types of way of storing your books until you read them again and I am only just learning about most of them now in my search for the perfect one.
There is one I saw that you make yourself, built straight into the wall, that looks like a tree. Only the branches are laid out so that you can place books on them and the trunk of the tree has hooks to hold your reading blanket, coat, or whatever else you chose to put there.
I have seen one that is a chair where the back, legs, and arms are book shelves so that you may pull out your books and read them while you sit there. It is sort of like your reading chair.
Some people chose to build their shelves into their staircases so that they have much more room for books and are able to decorate the stairs in a way.
Another used the drawers of their dresser as a book shelf, laying the books out spine up so that you can see the title of the book when you open the drawer. This way allows them to categorize each drawer in the way they want whether it be by genre or in alphabetical order.
A lot of these methods are original and creative in their own way. There are plenty more great ways you can decorate your home to store all of your precious books but those ways you will have to find out for yourself.
I for one am probably not ready to start building things like this until I have my own house. For now I will have to stick with the standard four or five shelf square bookshelf that you can buy at the store. Not overly creative but there are always ways to spice it up.
I hope you all have a great day everyone and I will see you in a couple of days!
Happy reading.
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

The World Below by Mike Phillips

Happy Halloween!