War of the Worlds 2030 by Stephen B. Pearl

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend and are looking forward to an even better week! A couple weeks ago I was at FanExpo in Toronto, and I ran into horror writer Stephen Pearl. Interested in his books, I bought this one and set out to read it while I was continuing my studies in University. Finally finished the book, and it was quite a good read. 
So you know how it goes, here is the vague description of what it is about!

In the not so distant future the world is at war with an alien race. We meet our hero's early on and see them reunite once again after what appears to be quite a while. The earth as we know it is not a very different place, and at first perhaps, we are quite confused.
Through advanced technology we are able to go back to 2030 when it all began and watch the events that lead to the war unfold through the perspective of a few different people.
From what we know, alien species came to earth, and put out a message of peace. The worlds scientists were brought together to determine what to make of the message, and most of them agreed that they could see no reason for them to want to do any harm to the earth, so they let them get closer.
But how do they prepare when they are suddenly attacked? The world falls into war and it is up to our great hero's to save them!

That is all I'm going to tell you people, because it is up to you to go get the book and see it for yourself. A bit of a warning before hand: This is a HORROR novel. So don't go into this thinking it is going to be a petty war like you have read in the past. This stuff is dark, but at the same time, very good.
I myself am not into the horror genre (I get scared easily) but I found this to be a fun and good read. This is also an adult book, not a teen book, putting that out there as well. Teens would do good to read it, but don't be expecting the mushy romance we get in our normal teen books. This ain't your mamma's war story!
So check him out on Amazon or look him up on Facebook for more information on this great book.
I gave it a 4 out of 5 star rating.
Have a good week you guys, and I will post K's Classics this Friday!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips