Ian Pemberton by Steven Hugh

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a great day. This week I read a book that is about the real life struggles that people who are looking for a new life would face. I was asked by the author if I could give it a go and I said I certainly would. As usual I had a general idea what I was getting into but I never really know what to expect until I actually start reading.
Let me tell you a bit about it:

Ian Pemberton and his wife Madeline have decided that their ordinary lives in Europe are not all that they wanted them to be. After some convincing Ian talks his wife into giving up their jobs so that they can move to Spain to start a new, relaxing life together. 
Once they get there they are overwhelmed by all of the new sounds and sights they can see. But despite being amazed they both understand that they must find work or they will be forced to cut their losses and move back home.
Ian chooses to start his own business selling garden and lawn ornaments to people passing by their roadside house. Thanks to a few friends he is able to start meeting people that help get his career on the road.
But they soon realize that life in the sun is not as easy as the brochures make it out to be. Struggles keep coming at the couple one after another making them both wonder if it is really worth it.
In the end it is up to Ian and his new friends to figure out a way for them to make it through the hard times to see if they will be able to make it in their new home.

The story wasn't bad. It isn't really my thing, reading stories about real life struggles, but I though it was well written besides that. The beginning was a little slow until they get their but from there on out everything moves pretty fast. 
This isn't the type of book to have non-stop action from beginning to end but there are still many parts that are interesting to read.
With all this being said I would rate this book at a 3 out of 5 stars.
Have a great day and happy reading!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips