Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies by MArilyn Peake

Hello everyone! I hope you are all recovering well from your holiday festivities in time for the new years celebrations. I have taken advantage of the money I received from family to restock my book collection. But before that I read this book, which was free through Kobo and Amazaon.
I wouldn't exactly call this a novel. It is more of a short story or a novella then a full blown novel but it still had a pretty good story line.
Let me give you a short description.

Emma is a typical American girl who has just graduated from nursing school. Wanting to do something different and make a difference in the world she volunteers to assist in the Ebola Crisis in Africa.
She is flown in and gets to work as soon as possible. But something isn't right inside the camp, from the strange doctors that are trying to keep the volunteers as far from the truth to the strange cases of people dying from the disease only to still be alive the next day.
Emma wants to look deeper into the cases when one of her patients dies but there are those in the camp who would sooner use her for an experiment than allow her to uncover their secrets.

Like I said before it is a short, free story so there isn't much I can complain about. There are more books to this series that continue on from where it left off but I don't see myself having time to read them any time soon.
There were a few grammar issues that I noticed and some spelling mistakes but I like to do a lot of editing so these may be things that others don't really feel bothered by. The dialogue was also a little off but other than that it was an okay story.
I thought there would be more of a 'zombie' aspect to the story than there was. I suppose those details will be explored deeper in the rest of the series.
For now I will set this book at a 3 out of 5 star rating. When offered a free book it is hard to be choosy.
Have a great day everyone and happy reading!
- K 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips