Top 5: Books with Unexpected Endings

1. John Dies at the End: I was warned before reading this book that there would be a twist at the end but nothing I expected could have prepared me for what happened. It makes you question everything you have read throughout the rest of the book, but not in the way you would think. It isn't a spoiler to say the ending is a twist because no one could have expected it until it hits you.

2. Good Omens: The ending of this book was still expected, but right at the last moment it changes in a way you couldn't predict. I laughed throughout this entire book for the different nature of writing it had and the ending was no different than the rest of the book; not quite like others. This book may always stay at my number one book for the most enjoyment I got out of it.

3. The Life of Pi: Now I saw the movie so the ending wasn't so much a surprise to me. But I know that if I hadn't seen the movie then I would have certainly been surprised at the twist they threw in at the end. I loved the story and the ending made me want to reread the book again just to get a better perspective on the book. If you haven't seen the movie yet I recommend reading the book first so that it doesn't ruin the reading experience later on.

4. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: This entire book had me confused right up until the last pages. It is books like this that you know, because there is no logical storyline, that you will never be able to predict the ending. Still a great book simply because it is different throughout the storyline. There is a movie as well but I haven't seen it yet.

5. The Giver: Throughout the whole book you have a feeling at what the ending it going to lead to. But even so, when it comes to the ending, left of a bit of a cliffhanger, you find yourself finding a bit unexpected. I read this book a long time ago but it has always stuck with me. Now it is a movie, which I haven't seen, and it gives a new generation a chance to enjoy the same story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips