Immortal by Gillian Shields

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was out of town and didn't get a chance to finish writing up this review. But now I am done, and I am able to post, and hopefully next week I will be able to keep on time with the posts.
This week I read Immortal, which has been out for a while now, and the series I believe is already finished. It was a pretty good read, not the greatest in my long line of books I have read, but pretty good non-the-less.

Evie is a normal girl who loves the ocean. She has lived their her entire life, and loves spending every day down in the clear water. But that life she loved has been taken away from her, and she has been shipped off to a private school, where the only water she gets to see is a mirky lake that she isn't allowed to go near.
Feeling isolated and having trouble making friends, Evie wishes nothing more than to just go home. That is, until she meets Sebastian. He is everything she misses about the ocean, and for some time she feels she can rest in his arms safely.
But Sebastian has secrets of his own. He isn't enrolled in her school, and can't be caught on the property otherwise both he and Evie could get into a lot of trouble. That doesn't stop them from meeting of course, but it brings Evie to the conclusion that she knows nothing about him, and he wants to keep it that way.
When Evie finds the journal of her great grandmother, and learns that she has rare abilities that people might be after, she needs to team up with some girls like her. But the teachers are very strict, and they live by the three strike penalty. Evie has two strikes already, and the snobbish girls and teachers at the school would be all to happy to give her another.
And the last girl who got three strikes went missing for weeks before her body was found in the lake. Who is Sebastian really, and what will Evie do to keep herself, her friends, and her powers safe? Read to find out!

The book was pretty well written, and I liked the way the paranormal aspect didn't overkill the rest of the story. The author did a good job of incorporating certain characters, but I have heard that the second book changes things a lot from the way things were meant to be set up in the first story.
I don't think I will continue in this series, personally, but it is still pretty good, and worth a read if you get the chance.
I gave the book a 3 out of 5 star rating.
See you all next week, and have a nice day!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips