Swoon by Nina Malkin

Good day everyone. This week I have read the book Swoon, which I have to say was a lot different than I had expected it to be when I had picked it out a few months ago. When it was first released I believe it had been intended to be a single novel, or at least that is the feeling I got when I read it, so I was surprised to see that a couple of years after it was published the author had written the second book in the series. 

Candice has just moved to Swoon hoping to leave her tormented past behind her, even if the ghost of her dead best friend intends to follow her where ever she goes. She is living a pretty perfect life there until her cousin falls from a tree and nearly dies. After she is released from the hospital it is pretty clear that something has changed in her.
She will suddenly start acting violent to men in the area, and she changes completely in character from time to time. Though Candice is the only one to notice, she also finds out some interesting things about the tree that she fell from.
Many years in the past a young man by the name Sinclair had been hung there, and had sworn revenge. Now it is apparent that his spirit has possessed Candice's cousin. 
Determined to help her cousin Candice performs a sort of exorcism, unwittingly setting Sinclair loose on the town that he had sworn revenge over. It would be nice to be able to stop him and all, but Candice is very quickly growing attracted to him, and he is in turn kind to her and thankful for her releasing him and giving him a body.
Will Sin be able to complete his goal and destroy the men who had sent him to his death, or will Candice be able to stop him and her feelings for him in time? Either way, the story will make you swoon!

So this book was well written, but I found it a bit hard to get into at first.  I found that a lot of the story was very mature (there were a few mentions of sex scenes and body parts), not that it was too much of a bother. If anything I just wish there could have been a warning on the book for something like that because I know a lot of young teenagers that would read a book like that, and might be too young for that sort of thing.
But other than that it was a pretty good book. I was satisfied by the ending, and I don't think I will continue reading on in the series only because the way I read it would have left it at only one book.
I gave this a 2 out of 5 star rating, only because of a few minor details that I didn't like in the book. Certainly worth a read I suppose, if you have the time for it.
So I will see you all next week, and thank you for tuning in!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips