Ghost Stories by Woman


Welcome back everyone, it is Monday again which means another review. This week I read a large book of short stories written by woman on the topic of ghosts. I was mainly interested because it had Kelly Armstrong, and I am a fan of hers. While not all of the stories involved ghosts as we think of them, they always had something to do with spirits from the past of some sort. 
I can't really do a description for the book where I go into detail because there are too many stories to summarize. But I can tell you that as in most cases some stories were good and some weren't very good. That is to be expected when you have so many different authors in one large book.
In the end I was disappointed by Kelly Armstrong's story, as it was the shortest and one of the first that I really didn't enjoy reading. 
Another thing I learned while reading this book is that it isn't something you should try to read in one sitting, or over a period of days. After the first couple of stories I really started hating the stories, even though I normally like ghost stories. It is just too much at one time. You have to read over a few weeks, or put it in the bathroom to enjoy every once and a while.
I think that it is important for everyone to have at least one book of short stories on their shelf just for fun if they need it. Although the best place to keep short stories is in the bathroom. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I like to do my reading there, and short stories are the perfect thing.
I'm sorry that this review has been so short, but there is not much else to say. It is up to you whether or not you like short stories, and whether or not you like short ghost stories. If you do, then this is a good one to get, if not, then maybe this isn't the book for you.
I would give it a 3 out of 5 star rating because it is hard to rate every single story.
I hope you all enjoyed and I will see you all later!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips