Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling

Hey everyone, back again! This week I decided it was time I got on the 'Harry Potter' train! Now, don't hate me for this, but I didn't enjoy the book so much. I love Ms. Rowling, and I have a lot of respect for her. Her writing style was great, and her concept was amazing, but I have never really been into Harry Potter, not even the movies. So when I read this book it didn't hit it with me that much. I wish I could have been into it, because I know that a lot of people really loved it, but I just couldn't.
So for those of you who have been living in a cave for the last couple years, then here is the basic outline of the book.

Harry Potter was dumped with his aunt and uncle when he was a baby and his parents were killed. He has a lightning bolt scar on his forehead which is important in the story. As he grew up he was bullied by his cousin and treated like chopped liver by his 'adoptive' parents. On his birthday one years he receives a letter, which his uncle quickly throws out.
Later he gets more and more letters until his family flees with him to escape the mass amounts of letters. But a giant visits them in their shack and takes Harry away to go to Hogwarts, a school for wizards like him.
There he makes a few friends, and a few enemies, as he learns to control his magic. He also learns about who he is, and who his parents were, and the horrible fate that befell them. In his search for answers he comes across Voldemort, the evil wizard that killed his parents and who everyone thinks to be dead.
The book is Harry's story of growing up, making friends, and surviving a world he never knew existed. And believe me when I say, this is only the beginning of his journey.

I don't feel there is much need to put a full description, only because the movies, the books, the concept are now so popular, that most people are just nodding their heads and thinking where I went wrong. But for those of you who haven't seen it or read it for whatever reason, that description is often all you need.
Just because I didn't enjoy this book as much as I had hoped, that doesn't mean it isn't worth a read, you fans will know that for sure. This is a book series and movie series that went very far, and not just because girls went crazy for a small period of time. This series still holds attentions today.
I gave this a 3 out of 5 star rating, only because it didn't hold my attention.
I would certainly recommend taking the time to, if not read the books, at least watch the movies. It is worth the time to know what everyone is taking about, and you may or may not like them depending on who you are. 
Good luck everyone, and I will see you Friday!
- K 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips