Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Hey everyone, back with another book! This week I read Wicked Lovely which is a Faerie book. That isn't bad or good I just thought I should let you know. I had and still have a bit of mixed feelings about how I feel about the book. It isn't that I don't like the Faerie books, because I have read some damn good ones, but I found this one felt a little... odd. That is the only way I can describe the feeling. 
So without further waiting let's get down to it!

Aislinn (yes that is her name get used to it) has grown up knowing the rules about faeries. The main one that you really need to know about are that you don't let them know you can see them. Aislinn and her family have always been able to see things that others can't and because of that it is told that her mother was killed. 
But despite her grandmothers effort she manages to attract the attention of one of the most powerful faeries; the would be King Keenan (yep, that's his name) who has been going through woman over the last couple of decades looking for his Queen. (Side note: He really isn't that bad a guy despite this description of him)
The fun part is that Keenan doesn't know that Aislinn can see him so he goes on trying to flirt with her while she is doing everything in her power to stay as far away from him as possible. And he has no idea why she is doing it....
Well too bad for him because Aislinn already likes her childhood friend Seth. That isn't going to stop Keenan from doing everything in his power, which he has a lot of, to get her to say yes even if it goes against her wishes.
Things aren't so simple for either of them though, as a new powerful force is on the rise posing a threat to the not-so-much a couple. Keenan's mom, the queen of ice if I am correct, has it out for Keenan and knows all of his dirty little secrets. Even one that might link him back to the death of Aislinn's mom...
To catch all that happens in this adventurous romance check the book out for yourself at your local bookstore!

So at the time I was reading this I didn't really have that much on the go. When I finished reading the book I was left with a very odd feeling in my chest that to this day I can't explain. I felt happy to be done the book, but also like there was a piece of my heart missing after reading it... It is weird to describe it but that was how I felt.
Though the author described things very well I think that maybe I just didn't enjoy the story line to the best I could have. It certainly didn't have me wanting to go back and read the book but for some reason I read the second one which I am not even going to get into.
But for once I have to say that I think my dislike on this book was truly just my preference and not for any particular reason. The author did a great job in building up the characters, the story wasn't awful, and it was well played out with obvious effort to make it right.
This was just a outlier among my books I suppose.
So I will give this book a TWO out of FIVE star rating but please keep in mind that this is one of those weird books for me so don't take this rating too seriously. If you are into this type of book by all means please read it.
And that's all I have to say for today so enjoy the rest of your week and I will see you on Wednesday hopefully!
- K
If you haven't already feel free to check out the rest of my blog here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips