Life In Ottawa

As some of you might have picked up on, I live in the wonderful city of Ottawa in Canada. I have no problem telling you all this because it is such a large city that I have faith that stalkers will not be able to track me down (I hope). I have lived in Canada my whole life but before coming to school here I had never been to the Capital.
Now that I am living here for the year I have found that there are so many things that I could be doing all day, besides reading. 
The Parliament buildings are amazing, although it is really only something I would want to see once. The second time just isn't that amazing. But besides that there are still lots of other things to do around the city rather than hanging around the Prime Ministers office.
The court house is there, and if you are a law major like myself (surprise!) that is actually a really interesting building to visit. Yes, I am a law student. Writing is my life but I aspire to be a lawyer one day while keeping up the writing as a part time pass time. 
Not far from that you will find the Rideau Centre, which is a large shopping mall in the down town district. I have been there a few times with my roommate, mainly because they have a massive bookstore!
There is also the National Art Gallery, the Museum of Natural History, the War Memorial, the Unknown Soldier's grave, and plenty of other museums that I hear are worth going to take a look at.
The only problem I have is that I am too lazy to go to most of these things. As the stereotypes go it is very cold in Canada during the fall and winter (sometimes spring) months and leaving the campus is not fun at all. Waiting for buses to get around, walking everywhere in the cold and snow, and using up the little money I have to see some of these things is not worth my time. 
Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be able to see all of these things. I still have a some time though, in the next couple years while I am living here, to see them. And I am sure by the time I graduate I will be tired of seeing them.
I wrote this today to give you all a little more information on me. For over a year now I have been writing my blog and I have traveled a lot to different places. Because my new home is a lot of my new life I thought that maybe it would be best to tell you more about the city I live in. Plus Canada is something that I know quite a few people who have never been here wonder about. 
That is all I have to say for today.
Have a great week!
- K 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips