Evermore by Alyson Noel

Hello again everyone, how are you? This week I looked at the book Evermore. I have read this book a few times and still have trouble giving it a general rating. I like it, but I don't love it. There are certain parts that I loved and others that I wanted to rip apart. That contrast made rating it really hard. And it is hard not to bring into context that I read the rest of the books in the series (save the last two) and didn't like them all that much either.
So after that riveting entrance let me give you an idea what you are up against.

Ever has lived an okay life. Sure, her parents and sister were all killed in a tragic car accident a few years ago where she should have died. But she didn't and since then she has never really been quite normal.
For starters she has the ability to read people's minds, auras, feelings, see into their past just by touching them, and has never really fit in with the popular group. But her Aunt loves her and her two friends Miles and Haven are closer to her than most people are willing to get.
Despite all of this she kind of hates her life. She doesn't like people getting too close to her so she secludes herself as much as possible.
That is, until Damen, the hot new kid shows up at her high school. He doesn't seem to take no for an answer and continues worming his way into her life. And Ever can't help but think that perhaps they share something special, even as she is trying to push him away.
He isn't giving up, even when his ex girlfriend, a girl who knows more about him than anyone else, shows up looking for trouble. Ever will have to face up to what she really is and hopefully find some answers. 
Let's just hope that she doesn't get killed before she gets the chance.

So the book wasn't awful, like I said before. There were many parts such as the interactions between Damen and Ever that I really enjoyed. But the parts with the 'b!tch' in school seemed forced at times and her friends didn't seem like much or friends in the end when you really look at it.
But I am a little biased because I know where the story goes further down the line and I really don't enjoy them after the first book.
Either way I will give this book a THREE out of FIVE star rating and leave it at that. Check it out if you are into this stuff as I always recommend.
I will see you next week and I hope you have a great day!
- K
Check out the rest of my blog here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips