Twilight!

So I know what you are all thinking. What is K doing? Reading Twilight? Don't you know how soooooooo over it is? The answer is YES I know all of that and YES I am still doing a review on it, now let me tell you why...
While it is true that Twilight is a thing of the past and has been greatly over popularized it is still a book that once did very well among people before they decided it sucked. I like to think of this series as a 'gateway drug' into reading. I will admit that before the hype about Twilight I didn't do a lot of reading because I was young and preferred other things.... like anime....
SO my mom had heard about the books and bought them for me to read. At first I didn't want to but after a while I tried a shot at them (keep in mind that this was before the movies came out). I actually loved the series when it came out and for months I re-read the saga over and over again until my mom told me to read something better....
After that was when I started forcing myself to read and then I got into it and it was all downhill from there. 
So for those of you who don't know what Twilight is about because you have been hiding from it for all of these years I will try to sum it up for you.

Basically Bella moves in with her Father in a small town called Forks where it is almost never sunny and very cold. She thinks she is going to have an awful time because she is a generally moody teenager and hates everything.
At school she makes friends quickly because it is a small town and notices that there is a strange boy named Edward Cullen that quickly catches her attention. At first she tries to ignore him but soon finds that she has to sit beside him in one of her classes where she finds that he doesn't seem to like her very much.
Thought despite that fact a few days later he is striking up a conversation with her which turns out to be not all that bad. Soon she is angry at him for some reason and he is flirting it up with her, even going so far as to ask her out on not-date to which she is like meh. (uhg)
So some bullsh!t goes down while Bella is out of town where Edward saves her from being raped and she goes to dinner with him and realizes something about him is hella wrong. 
Not long later Bella puts the pieces of the puzzle together and is like, hey, you are a vampire (Spoiler alert!) and he is like, "cool bro" or something and they start going out.
The rest of the book is basically her 'dealing' with his bullsh!t and meeting his family but some crap goes down and now her life is in trouble or something...
Anyway I would say read it to find out but at this point there aren't many people who haven't seen the movie or read the books.
The END!

So yeah that wasn't very professional but that is how I feel on the whole thing. Like I had mentioned if you haven't seen the movies or read the books you aren't likely to at this point but I thought I would put it out there.
I think a lot of the hate for this book comes form the mass hype which lead many of those who didn't hate the book to seriously want to reject the whole idea of it existing all together. But what people don't realize is that while it isn't the best book ever, the book isn't all that bad.
The writing style doesn't suck, the characters kind of have some development (don't quote me on that) and it is a good story if you need a break from your serious reading.
I would rate it at an average of THREE out of FIVE stars, and if you don't know what that means please reference one of my previous entries on my rating scheme.
Sorry if you were disappointed in me for doing this review but let's be honest it wouldn't be a 'Teen Book Review' if I didn't acknowledge the books that Teens did and still do like even if they aren't everyones favourite. 
Have a nice week everyone!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips