Tornado Warning by Tamara Hart Heiner

Good day everyone. I hope you are all having a fantastic Monday. This week I decided to read something a little different than I normally do. This is, in a way, a non-fiction book. There are seven stories within it, but all of them are based on the true even of the tornado that destroyed Joplin a few years ago. I have always had a deep interest in tornados so when I saw this book I decided it was time to switch things up a bit and read something really interesting.

This ebook version that I read tells the story of seven woman who are living their ordinary lives when a tornado suddenly strikes their town. Because they are always under tornado watch no one is expecting the damage that comes to them on that one quiet night.
But while the story is about the tornado primarily, it focuses mainly on the aftermath and what these women must do to get their lives back in order. 
Each woman is unique in her own way of course and each deals with the devastation differently. All suffer losses but it is how they deal with them and manage to get back with their lives which is the most important.
Follow these seven woman through hell and back in this thrilling and touching story.

I really liked this story for what it was. To be honest I was expecting most of the story to be about the tornado when it struck but that was over within the first couple chapters. The rest of the story, as I have mentioned above, is how people deal with such devastation. 
The author proved that they clearly understood the pain and suffering of these women through their writing. It made me feels things I wish I didn't have to. This story is of true events and what these women felt many hundreds across those cities did as well.
For those looking for a true story on Tornados or just love knowing about historical events this book is the book for you.
I would rate this book at a 3 out of 5 star rating.
Have great couple days everyone and I will see you on Wednesday!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips