David Bowie Biography


THOUGHTS BEFORE
I am not going to lie, for the longest time I have had an irrational fear of David Bowie. There is no description to the fear I feel any time I hear his voice or see his face. Don't get me wrong, though, I don't think he is a bad person. I honestly think he is attractive and has an interesting story. No matter how much I tell myself it is ridiculous I may never get over my fear of him.
You may be thinking, "K, if you are scared of him why are you reading his biography?" Simple answer? My friend bought it for me for Christmas as a joke because his face is on the cover and she enjoys tormenting me. I figured since I don't normally read biographies that I will give it a shot. After all, this is a book blog and that means reading books of all different kinds. The next section will give you my thoughts on the matter AFTER reading the book. (this is written a month ago)

THOUGHTS AFTER
I have just finished reading the book only to hear this morning that David Bowie had passed away last night. I don't know how to feel about this news since I had come to have so many mixed feelings about him. Now knowing more about him doesn't matter to me.
My opinion of the man has changed a lot by reading the book. To hear of his past relations, children, and life seems like a distant past.
He has lived his life doing what he loved to do so as far as I am concerned he was a good man. Now more than ever I would recommend giving his book a read to learn more about him, I won't tell you a thing.
I also won't be rating this book because it is the story of a persons life and you can't put a rating on that. I'm sorry if this isn't what you were hoping for.
RIP Bowie, and keep reading everyone.
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips