Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan

Hey everyone, another week coming and going, and another book to review. This week I read the first volume of the Sweep series, regretfully. It started off alright I guess, but it just going stupid after the first book so I stopped reading it. But for the sake of this blog, I will still write the review.

Morgan is a girl with little problems in her life. She has some good friends, and has an alright relationship with her family. But then Cal moves to town, and tells her all about his coven. That's right, his mother is in a coven, and he himself is a witch. Not that Morgan believes him at first.
But all her friends are captivated by how handsome and charming Cal is, even if he only seems to have eyes for Morgan. Along with his help Morgan starts to get into magic, and she finds out that there is the possibility that she is also a witch like Cal, only a stronger one.
Their group of friends forms their own coven, with Cal as the leader, and Morgan as one of the main spell casters, and everything seems to be going well for her. 
Too bad things are never as perfect as they seem! Her friends start to get jealous of her perfect relationship with Cal, and the group begins to be outcasted among their peers because they believe in magic.
Morgan starts having more to worry about than just friends as some of the witches turn to dark magic to separate her and Cal. And even though Cal claims that they are soul mates, and meant for each other, Morgan is getting other ideas. 
Nothing is as perfect as it seems when magic is involved.

The book was alright, and written okay, I guess. It got boring after a while, and it just couldn't hold my attention the way a book should. I don't know if I would say it is worth a read, but I would never really say not to read a book.
It didn't cut it for me, so I would give it a 2 out of 5 star rating.
See you all next week with a hopefully better book!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips