Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Hey everyone! So I just finished a few book I got and I thought I would update for you! Above is the picture of Cinder, by Marissa Meyer. It was a pretty good read, recommended to me by my friend who had read it a few months ago. To be honest I got it two months ago and just couldn't bring myself to read it until now.
The story follows Cinder, a cyborg teenage girl struggling to survive in the world. It follows an almost Cinderella story the way she deals with her mother and evil step sister. But there are a lot of changes.
She has one sister who is loving to her, until she catches the plague, a deadly disease that is killing hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.
Her step mom, blaming Cinder for her sisters certain death, offers her to the government for testing for the cure to the disease.
There Cinder learns some pretty crazy things about herself and finds herself getting closer to the prince, who is kind and strong when he is around her. But she has secrets that would make him hate her if he knew what they were.
This story is about her struggle to survive the world, the coming war, and a crush on the prince that may or may not get her killed.

All in all this was a good read, but I don't think it was good enough for me to read the next book in the series. Despite the fact that I want to know what happens, it doesn't really fit my likes at the moment.

So this book gets a 3 out of 5 star rating and my stamp of approval. If you need a good read, this is a book that would be good to give a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips