World War Z by Max Brooks

Hey everyone, so I've been watching some movie trailers and I happened across the one for the book above, World War Z. Though the movie didn't look like my cup of tea, as I don't like horror, zombies or tea, the book description was a lot different and actually piqued my interest. I ordered it a few days ago and did a coin flip to see which book I should read.
Well, fate chose this book and I couldn't be happier. I haven't been able to put it down through school or my home life.
What really got me about this book was the fact that it wasn't at all like a regular book, or at least, not any that I have read. 
At first it took me a while to get into the flow of the books, as there are many different stories being told and many questions being asked. All of the questions being asked are by the narrator about events that happened during the war.
Each chapter outlines, through eyewitnesses who managed to survive the war, of the beginning straight to the modern day where people are still dealing with the zombie threat. Each character has a different role to play from the doctor who dealt with the first recorder zombie, to generals and world leaders across the globe, to a group of astronauts that chose to stay and maintain the satellites to aid the war effort.
Each story is more chilling then the next with scenes that we only see in our nightmares. It is written amazingly well and the author clearly did his research into cultures, languages and geography. 
To everyone reading this to all the people I meet on a daily basis I recommend this book highly. The movie looks like it will have nothing to do with the book besides the fact that there are zombies and it has the same name. 
I personally will not be seeing the movie, but if those of you who have read the book do plan on seeing it, feel free to tell me what you think.
Needless to say I give this book a 5 out of 5 star rating and say it is most certainly, in my opinion, worth spending the money on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips