Starling by Lesley Livington

Alright everyone, hello again. Just finished reading Starling, so let's get to it. I have been splurging on books lately, reading them by the dozens, instead of only one a week like I had planned. To be honest, I think I am getting addicted (though there are much worse things I could be doing)
I had a few problems with this book, which I will get into after the description, but other than that it wasn't a terrible waste of my time.

Meet Mason, girl, who is on the fencing team at her University in New York City. She and her team are practising hard for the nationals, where she plans on coming out on top, when a sudden storm blows over and the side of the building is destroyed.
Things should be fine but they go from kinda crappy to horrible when strange monsters invade the school and attack the students. But thank god a naked man who can fight, but has no idea who he is, shows up and saves the day! (ugh) Then, everyone decides that it is best not to talk about what happened, and lie about how their friend Cal got all messed up.
The mysterious man, who we meet again later, turns out to be Fenn (actually THE Fennrys Wolf as he corrects everyone) and he slowly, not really at all, regains his memories of one hundred years ago when he lived in the city. But things aren't all peaches and cream, because creatures from all over are out hunting for Fenn, and he has no idea why. Then he and Mason get closer and they realise that they are part of a prophecy to end the world, and the chase is on (even if it only lasts one chapter...) Will Mason and Fenn be able to be together and escape their prophecy, or are they doomed to end the world as we know it?

When I think about it, it really wasn't a very good book. The characters were.... Whiny, and they always seemed to pull 180's in there views. The story line didn't have a very strong structure, and there were a lot of questions in the end that were left unanswered. If there is one thing I can't stand it is when things aren't answered by the end of the book, even if there is going to be another one!
I didn't give this book a very high rating, 2 out of 5 stars, mostly because I was forcing myself to keep reading. Things moved too fast without a good, believable story line. Hope you all have a nice day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips