Canadian Disasters

Hello again everyone, this week I have actually read a book, even if it isn't so much a popular teen book that I have been doing in the past. This time I decided to switch it up and read a history book I took out from my school's library. I love history, and as a Canadian there is nothing cooler than to read about the disastrous history of my country. It was a great book, and I learned a lot from it, but I won't be doing much of a review on the book.
It had different stories from different elements all over the country from mine disasters to natural disasters like tornados and floods. It was well written, and captivating, so I would give it a 4 out of 5 star rating. But I would not recommend anyone to read this book.
Now that isn't because it isn't a good book, not at all. But if you do not live in Canada, the events don't affect you very much, and it looses its interesting state.
For you who don't live in Canada, I would recommend finding a history book on events that have happened in your own country. Try to find one that is recent up to 100 years ago, because any further back and you are looking at a time where things were so different it might never happen again.
You might be surprised at what you find when you start reading. Maybe you find that in the last 100 years there have been multiple floods, tornados, or earthquakes. It is interesting knowing what has happened and comparing it to what might happen in the future. After reading this, it really makes me take another look at where I live, where I want to travel, and how dangerous a simple lake can be.
It is great for survival purposes, and it showed me just how quickly something can change and people can die unexpectedly when living in places that don't seem at all dangerous, but have deadly precautions. 
I would say for anyone who loves a good story, or a good disaster story... Go to a library, preferably a local one, and check out a book on local disaster history, of even just on the state/province/country history, because more likely than not, you will find something interesting in either the area you live, or somewhere you have traveled recently. It really is an amazing feeling.
I am really sorry I haven't had a good review in the last little while, but my teachers have cracked down and I can't keep up with all the works and reading at the same time. Soon I will have some books to read, but for now I can only keep up with small books that aren't considered a teen book. I really hope to get some new books soon.
Thanks for hanging in there with me guys, and I'll see you next week!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips