Wednesday Update: Movie vs. Book

Well hello everyone! I am actually posting on time today. Fancy that. Been doing a lot of unpacking and cleaning since moving back home so I was a little late on Monday posting the review. But I am back now and hopefully nothing is going to stand in the way now.
Lately I have been thinking about movies vs. the books. There has always been a stand off between those who love movies and those who love books. And of course in many cases there are those who stand right in the middle. 
In todays times most movies that are out there are based on a book. Some times people who love the book long before they became movies get excited to see the movie and many times they are let down. Of course there are always those few movies that actually do a good job. They are rare but they exist.
And on the other side there are those who never read the book and never plan to, but still love the movies. These are the type of people who normally hate the book readers because they always go on about how much better the book was. 
In the middle we have those who always see the movie first and then read the book afterwards to enjoy it more. In my opinion this is the best way to do it because you aren't disappointed in the movie and you can get more details afterwards if you liked the movie. But for us readers this isn't always possible.
Sometimes we read so many books that before we know it they have all become movies and we have no choice but to go see them and, many times, be disappointed. Just keep in mind when I say this there are many cases where people will think the movie was just as good as the book. I am not going to get into turning books into TV shows because there are a whole new level of mistakes to be made there.
And I am sure many will agree that many books would do better as a TV show instead of a movie. But maybe I will look into that on another day.
So that is all I have to say as to movies and books. Have a great week everyone and I will see you all on Monday (hopefully)!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips