Take the Body and Run by Jada Ryker


Hey everyone I hope you had a great weekend!
The book I read for this weeks review was sent to me by the lovely author. It took me awhile to get to it because my list of books to read has been very long since I found my other pile I lost while moving.
If I had read the description for this book I had long since forgotten it before I got around to reading the book. That doesn’t mean anything to me in most cases because it is easier for me to go into the book blind. So first impressions of the book didn’t really happen.
Let me tell you a bit about it:


Macey has just started a new job at a University. Her first day doesn’t go so well when a woman barges into her office brandishing a knife at her.
Thankfully she is saved but that doesn’t mean she gets out of having to deal with her snotty staff members. With everyone seemingly out to get her Macey has a lot on her hands.
But Macey has a lot more on her plate than a few workplace disputes. She is hiding a secret that no one living knows. When she isn’t constantly looking over her shoulder watching for enemies she is trying to live a normal life.

She’s about to get a rude wake up call in the form of a dead body. How many people will Macey be able to trust in her new circle of friends? How far will she go in able to protect herself?

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this book. On one hand the story was original, well explored, and the author stuck to the characters they created. On the other hand the dialogue didn't feel completely natural and I was often confused about what was going on.
To figure out how I would rate it I really had to turn to my grading system.
Characters: B-
Plot: C+
Pace: B
Setting: B-
Ending: B-
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.
Have a great day everyone and happy reading!
- K
To buy this book on Amazon.ca click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips