Divergent by Veronica Roth

Hello again everyone! The book you see above is Divergent by Veronica Roth. It was recommended to me by a good friend who after shoving it in my face for days finally convinced me to move it to the top of my list. 
Overall, it was a good book that was well written. The characters are well developed with good back stories and secrets. Come the end of the book I honestly didn't expect what happened to happen.
You start off with Beatrice, part of the faction of Abnegation which is all about selflessness. Her whole life she has been told it is her duty to give to others until the choosing ceremony her and her brother must go to. They have six factor choices at this ceremony.
They can choose to be Erudite, all about seeking knowledge. They can be Candor, all about telling the truth. They can choose Amity, the hippies of the group. They can choose Dauntless the brave daredevils that protect the cities. Or they can choose to stay Abnegation with their parents.
Beatrice's brother surprisingly chooses Erudite, the Abnegations worst enemy. But despite her hesitation because of her parents, Beatrice chooses dauntless because she knows she could never be as giving as her parents.
This story tells it from Beatrice, who becomes Tris, and her struggle to become a full Dauntless member so that she does not end up factionless and on the streets. While training she meets Four, the trainer for the new comers and instantly feels a connection. 
To find out what happens to Tris as she struggles to fit in and hide her secret, she is Divergent, you will have to read the book.

I rate this four out of five stars because there were parts of the story I questioned and simple questions left unanswered. I would certainly recommend reading this book if you have not already.

Next I will be reading The Vampire Academy! Another book shoved at me by the same friend. I hope it is as Five star rating as she says.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips