Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

Hey everyone, I'm back again. Did you know that Jurassic park is a book!? I loved the movie growing up and while I was scanning through the fiction section I found the book. At first I thought it was a movie novelization but as it turns out, it isn't! I was so excited so I read the whole thing, and the second one, in a few days. I might do the second book next week or in the future, but right now let's focus on this one.

We start out the book from the point of view of a few different people in the beginning. There is a young girl attacked on the beach and a man who is badly mauled. Each time all things are covered up by officials.
Later we find the point of view of our main character Dr. Allan Grant and his young assistant who are out on a dig when they are approached by a man who asks them a lot of questions about their employer. 
Soon they receive a call inviting them out to the island to investigate a small animal that looked like a dinosaur.  They are invited to go on a tour of the mysterious island where they will give their opinion along with a few others who are invited.
As many people know it doesn't take long for the visitors to realize that the scientists on the island have been cloning dinosaurs for entertainment. As they go on a tour with the owners grand children a storm hits cutting the power, along with a few other mishaps.
Soon all hell breaks loose when the T-Rex breaks from its enclosure posing a threat to the entire group including the young children. 
It is up to Dr. Grant to get the children safely back to the hotel to meet up with the others, all the while trying to keep them away from the dangerous animals that escaped during the storm. And let's just say, the T-Rex is the least of their worries.

I loved the book! I loved the movie, and the book, though it was similar, had many things in it that were different from the movie. There were a few different characters, there were more dinosaurs and the deaths were more interesting. 
One thing I didn't like was the way it ended, there were a few things that happened that didn't fit with the second book, and it made me more confused after watching the movies. It clears up a little in the second book, but a book shouldn't leave things like that if it supposed to be a standalone in the beginning.
Either way, I still loved the book and reading the second one was just a fun as the first one. I would recommend it to anyone who loved the movie and even those who haven't seen it yet. With the new movie coming out this year it is the perfect time to read where it all started.
I would rate this book at a 5 out of 5.
Have a great day and I will see you all later!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

The World Below by Mike Phillips

Happy Halloween!