Alice's Adventure in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Hey everyone. I hope you are all having a great Monday (even if it just started). This week I read Alice in Wonderland, although to be completely honest I am not sure exactly what I read. It was a free book with the google play books on my phone and, it being a classic, I thought I should read it and see what it was all about. But it seemed very short and some of the things I was expecting to happen (based on the movie) didn't. But despite that I will give you my honest opinion on what I thought of the book.

So basically Alice chases a rabbit down the rabbit hole as all of you know. When she stops falling, which takes forever, she finds herself in a strange new world with strange potions and creatures.
It doesn't take Alice long to get herself in trouble with most of the creatures there by speaking her mind too plainly and causing a scene. Just like in the movie it seems no one really knows what to make of the girl who chased after the rabbit.
Alice herself doesn't know what to make of her situation. She spends most of her time there trying to explain to the creatures who she is, where she comes from, and why she happens to be intruding on their every day lives.
As the magical land of Wonderland spans before her Alice finds herself faced with new challenges in finding out who she really is and how she is to get home.

The book itself, or the story I should say, was really quite interesting. At first I thought that everything was a bit boring coming from Alice's perspective, as she kept questioning the little things and saying things that didn't make sense. But I did find it interesting to see the point of view of a little girl in a situation that may just be her own imagination questioning the littlest things.
I didn't find it so interesting that I think it was worth taking an hour and a half out of my morning for but maybe this book is best for the bathroom reader. 
The writing style wasn't all that bad besides the fact that it was a little boring. The story itself was interesting enough for me to read it all the way through. Plus, the story is generally a quick read.
So because of all of this I will give this book a 2 out of 5 star rating.
Have a great day everyone and I will see you all on Wednesday!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

The World Below by Mike Phillips

Happy Halloween!