Dragon of the Month Club by Iain Reading


Good morning everyone, I hope you are all having a great day. This week I got some time in between my classes to read this book. I have had it in my bag for the longest time but just haven't gotten around to reading it until now. This book is by the same man who wrote the Kitty Hawk series, which you probably know that I love, so I wasn't sure what to expect while going into it. 
At first the book seems like something that would be for the younger audience but as it goes along I found that it started to get more interesting. 
Let me tell you a bit about it:

Ayana has just moved away from her home town to a place that is so different hat it breaks her heart. There she is bullied by the popular girl in school to the point where she runs to hide in the old library to get away.
Here she meets Tyler, a shy boy who goes to a different school, but has many similar interests as her. They begin meeting there every day after school and sometimes go to each others houses until one day they stumble across an old book in the back of the library.
Named THE BOOK they find out that each month they will be able to summon another dragon as long as they have the right materials. So for months they stay together on the same day waiting for the time when they can try to summon their new dragon.
One day, after summoning one of the dragons, something goes wrong and both of them are sucked through a portal into a world that they don't recognize. It soon becomes apparent to them that they have transported into a world consisting of all of the books that Tyler had kept on his bedroom floor.
As they try to make their way through the world they make new friends and meet many challenges. In their travels they manage to find all of the ingredients to summon most of the dragons they were unable to summon in their own world.
But what lies ahead is only more challenges and the children have no idea what is coming towards them when the reach the end of their journey.

Oh my God CLIFF HANGERS! Books that end this way always leave me with a sense of longing but I suppose that is what they are supposed to do.
I like the way the characters interacted with the characters of different books and to see each character remain true to their characters made the book seem that much more interesting. 
I have liked Iain's books since I started reading Kitty Hawk and I am glad that I got the chance to read this one as well.
With that being said I will give this book a 3 out of 5 stars.
Have a great day everyone, and happy reading!
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips