Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


So above you can see that I have recently finished reading Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. And to be completely honest about this book I am on the fence about whether or not I liked it... 
It was one of my back up books, a book that I would only read if the books I ordered didn't arrive before I finished my other books, so I didn't have very high expectations of it. But it wasn't the worst book I've ever read I'll say that much.
You have Ellie, a girl who seems pretty normal with normal friends living a normal life. Blah blah blah, everything is happy and normal... Until her seventeenth birthday when the strangely familiar Will shows up and awakens her power. She learns from him that she had been reincarnated for thousands of years, no one knows why, to fight the evil reapers so that they don't destroy humanity.
As she comes to terms with her newfound abilities, and her memories begin to come back, her relationship with Will becomes more and more heated, in a hot way ;)
With the vir, I think I got that name right, after something that could possibly end her life, for good this time, she tries to stop it while fighting the reapers that are trying to kill her every time she turns around. And though Ellie has Will, her sworn Guardian, at her side, it dawns on her that Will might be hiding a few things from her... maybe a set of white wings and a demonic side that questions his loyalty...
When the end finally came, and I have to be honest I didn't expect it to end so quickly with so much still in question, I wasn't exactly sure what I thought.
Maybe one morning I will wake up and be like, "Hey, that book was great!" but until then it sits at a three star rating, and that's out of five!
I find that a lot of the new books now a days are all about angels and/or demons... And I don't know if i like this kind of writing or not...
But if you like Angles/Demons and other kind of holy things like that than I think you would enjoy this reading. It was well written over all and the story line was well developed. 

Until next time, and next book ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips