Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Hey everyone, just finished reading a classic "Wuthering Heights" for my English class. Normally I wouldn't do a book I did for class for a review but I thought I would change it up a bit.

Basically this book is separated into two different stories containing generation one and generation two. In generation one we meet Cathy, Heathcliff and Linton who's lives are mixed together from the Heights where Cathy and Heathcliff live to the Grange where Linton lives. 
Throughout the story it is told from the point of view of the housekeeper Nelly Dean who watches Cathy struggle as she grows. She has to make the choice between marrying the man she truly loves, and marrying for money and a strong and promising future for her family. The choice she makes will either make or break her.
In the second part of the story, also told from Nelly's point of view, we meet Cathy's daughter, Cathy (don't ask) and we learn about how she struggles after the choices her mother made in her life. She also has to choose who to love, but both choices end up being her cousins so it makes the story a little odd for us the readers.
Learn about two generations and how their problems affect one another in a time where there was not much else to do but walk around all day.

For a classic, which I normally don't like very much, I thought that it was alright. There were some questionable decisions that needed to be made, and I realized through this book that in almost every book I read for my English class most of the main characters, if not all of the characters, die a horrible (uncalled for) death.
All in all it was an alright book, and I think everyone should have to read at least one classic in their days even if it isn't this one.
Give it a try if you have the time, you might just learn something new.
I rated this 3 out of 5 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips