The Secret to Enjoying Reading

Over the years I have wasted a lot of time going on websites and standing in stores trying to find the next book to read that suites my needs. I read some good books and some back books but in the end they all started to sound the same to me. As it turns out I was spending a lot of my time trying to find books that were exactly the same as the ones I had read before. This is not a good habit for good readers.
A good reader needs to be able to read all different kinds of books to really know what they like. And a true reader must be able to read a variety of different books instead of only one genre. That is why I have been pulling out of the Young Adult genre just a little bit.
The secret to reading, which is hard to do at first, is to simply grab a book and read. To be able to do this is something that many people will have to figure out on their own. Sometimes it is a book that is recommended to you, sometimes it is a book with a cool title, maybe even a great cover. But the only way to know whether it is good or not is to read it.
Don't read the back of the book. Don't read the reviews on it. Just grab the book, sit down with some time, and read. Going into a book blind can insure that you never really set your expectation high or low for it. You have a fresh mind without expecting anything at all.
By doing this you are spreading out what types of books you like and you might just fall in love with a new type of book in the process. It is hard to do at first but if you really love reading you will find that you get used to it after the first couple tries.
So that is the advice I have for you today. The only other thing I can do now is challenge you to get out there and try it out.
Have a great week everyone and I will see you again on Monday.
- K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips